With mobile uploads, you can upload your data from the field directly to DroneDeploy to begin processing your map immediately - no need to wait until you're back at the office or bother with SD cards! The mobile upload process occurs in two steps. First, your images are transferred from the drone to your mobile device. Second, the images are uploaded from your mobile device to DroneDeploy.
Mobile Uploads Hardware Requirements
- iOS devices only (at least 2GB free storage space is recommended)
- DJI P4, P4P/P4A, P4P V2, Mavic Pro Mavic 2 Pro, M200/M210, Inspire 2.
- Once your flight is complete, you can choose to 'Upload Now', which will begin the mobile upload process, or to 'Upload Later', which readies the map for SD card upload. DJI requires your drone to have at least 30% charge remaining to initiate a mobile transfer so you may need to swap your drone's battery before selecting 'Upload Now'. Mobile upload can support up to 1,000 images.
Multi-battery flights and Live Map are not supported!
When planning a flight where you want to use mobile uploading, please make sure your plan meets the following requirements.
- Live Map is disabled
- You drone has sufficient charge to complete the entire flight with a single battery
- After selecting 'Upload Now', images will begin transferring from the drone to your mobile device. This is Step 1 of the upload process. Please be sure to leave the drone/controller on, keep the DroneDeploy app open, and do not disconnect your USB cable. You can cancel the transfer at any time by pressing 'Cancel Transfer'. If you select 'Cancel Transfer' accidentally you can return to the mobile uploads page by selecting the plan on your dashboard as long as you have not closed the dronedeploy app, disconnected . This will open the mobile upload page and allow you to resume the transfer process.
- Once the images are successfully transferred to your mobile device, they will automatically begin uploading to DroneDeploy. This is Step 2 of the upload process. The drone and controller can be turned off for this upload. You can select 'Pause and Resume Later' if you do not have an internet connection or if you do not have time to complete the upload.
- Your map will begin processing as soon as the images have completed uploading to the cloud!
Q: Do I need to be a paid customer to try mobile uploads?
A: Yes, all DroneDeploy paid users have access to mobile uploads!
Q: How long does a mobile upload typically take?
A: The initial transfer from the drone to your mobile device takes an average of 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the total number of images and your current DJI Lightbridge or OcuSync signal strength. The upload from your mobile device to the cloud depends on the speed of your wifi or cellular connectivity.
Q: Do I need an internet connection to transfer images from the drone to my mobile device?
A: Step 1, transferring images to your mobile device, does not require an internet connection. You may complete Step 1 while offline and then start Step 2, uploading your images to the cloud, later when wifi or a stronger cellular connection is available
Q: Should I still keep a copy of the images on my computer or SD card after uploading on mobile?
A: This is not required but we always recommend having your original images copied on a computer or external hard drive.
Q: When will Android support mobile uploads?
A: There are no plans to support Android at this time.
Updated 2 months ago