Below are the instructions to plan a flight in the DroneDeploy mobile app. See the Initial Setup for DJI Drones guide prior to flight.
1. Open the DroneDeploy app on your compatible mobile device. This will take you to your dashboard. From here, navigate to the blue + icon on the lower right of the panel.
2. Select the option to Plan a flight.
3. In the
Create New Plan screen, you can give your plan a name.
To add the location to your plan:
-In the United States: enter the name of a city or address, and click the magnifying glass at the top of your dashboard to search for it.
-Outside of the United States: We are working to improve location services and satellite imagery outside of the U.S., but please be patient with us in the meanwhile!
Remove FieldScanner link - isn't FieldScanner replaced by LiveMap?
Here, you can set your desired flight parameters, such as the altitude and flight direction. You can also toggle on our optional Structures Mode, Live Map, or Obstacle Avoidance features. Please note, these features are only available on newer drones such as the Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2, and Mavic Pro.
You can enable Structures Mode, Live Map, and Obstacle Avoidance on our flight planning page.
4. Create a plan once you've navigated to your area of interest. You can drag the handles to change the size and shape of your plan. If you are an advanced user, you can enter our Advanced Settings to adjust your overlap, max flight speed, and starting waypoint accordingly.
The Advanced Settings is recommended for advanced users. Otherwise, we suggest using our default basic flight parameters.
Once you're happy that your plan covers your area of interest click the blue disk in the bottom right corner of your screen to save and complete the flight plan.
1. Open the DroneDeploy mobile app while connected to the Internet on a cellular data or WiFi connection.
2. When you open the app, it will automatically sync all the unflown plans you've created. This might take a minute or two.
3. Check that your flight has updated on your DroneDeploy dashboard on your phone.
Your plan has now been saved to your DroneDeploy account on both desktop and mobile, and you're ready to fly - even if you're offline.
See Flying Offline for next steps.