Manual Flight gives you full control of your drone. DroneDeploy is known for providing the best flight autonomy software, but we know sometimes you need to fly the drone with custom control.
- Maneuver the drone with full control
- Take photo and video as you please
- Fly in and out of tight spaces without worry
Plan Autonomous Missions
- Scope areas and check altitudes for your autonomous mission settings
- Take control during an autonomous mission
Launching Manual Flight
Create a new flight template inside a Project to get started. Select "Manual".
Manual Flight works similarly to other flight apps you have likely used in the past. Use your controller joysticks to control the drone while streaming first person view (FPV) and map location.
- Capture photos
- Record video
- See real-time location and trajectory
- Check signal strength and connectivity
Users can pause their autonomous missions and switch into manual flight mode, capture data, and then reenter their autonomous mission.
Users can pause their autonomous mission and take over manually in order conduct inspections at different altitudes by using different manual modes such as video, photo, or panoramas at different altitudes. When they finish doing this, they can resume their autonomous mission.
Users can also pause autonomous missions in order to comply with safety and air space requirements from within our app.
To assist in asset inspections, you will now be able to use the camera’s built-in zoom to get a closer look. Autofocus is enabled on the drone’s camera, but you will also be able to tap to focus.
Where can I fly?
- DroneDeploy iOS app
Is web planning supported?
- No, Manual Flight can only be used on mobile - there are no settings that need to be set in advance of flying
Which drones are supported?
- All DroneDeploy DJI supported drones with physical controllers
Are 3rd party cameras supported?
- No, not at this time
Where does captured media go?
- Photos and videos are captured to the drone's SD card
Updated 4 months ago