Below are the instructions to plan a flight in the DroneDeploy mobile app. See the Initial Setup for DJI Drones guide prior to flight.
1. Open the DroneDeploy app on your compatible mobile device. This will take you to your dashboard. From here, click on "Plan, Add a flight" to plan a new map.
2. In the
Create New Plan screen, give your plan a name
To add the location to your plan:
-In the United States: enter the name of a city or address, and click the magnifying glass to search for it.
-Outside of the United States: We are working to improve location services and satellite imagery outside of the U.S. , but please be patient with us in the meanwhile!
3. Create a plan once you've navigated to your area of interest. You can drag the handles to change the size and shape of your plan.
Once you're happy that your plan covers your area of interest click the blue check in the bottom right corner of your screen to complete the plan.
1. Open the DroneDeploy mobile app while connected to the Internet on a cellular data or WiFi connection.
2. When you open the app, it will automatically sync all the unflown plans you've created. This might take a minute or two.
3. Check that your flight has updated on your DroneDeploy dashboard on your phone.
Your plan has now been saved to your DroneDeploy account on both desktop and mobile, and you're ready to fly - even if you're offline.
See Flying Offline for next steps.